Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Saudi Arabo…

I was surprise last night when I got a call from Saudi Arabia. It was from a managing director of an IT company in Saudi Arabia whom I never applied for a job. He said he got my profile from a site where I was able to pass a certification exam. He asked me if I am willing to go to Saudi Arabia and work on their company. He told me that he has two Filipino developers on their team, and coincidently I know those two Filipinos. One of them is Mars, a former officemate from Taiyo Yuden. The other guy is Clark, also from my previous Japanese employer Taiyo Yuden. I was able to talk to Mars for a few minutes and made some “kumustahan”. Before the call ends, the managing director promised me to send an email about the job offer he got for me.

I seek advice form my father coz he used to work in Saudi Arabia for 4 years; he said that the way of living in Saudi Arabia is not suitable for me. Saudi Arabia is very strict in everything from alcoholic drinks, curfew and others. At the end of our conversation, my father still gives me the option whether to go to Saudi Arabia or not.

I have lots of reasons why I must go and work abroad. What are these reasons? Secret… Someday you’ll know… =)

December 19, 2006

For the second time, the managing director of the said company called me and informed me that if I accept the offer then I have to process my VISA before January 15, 2007.

December 20, 2006

Mars and I met at SM Cebu to talk about the offer. I declined. Saudi Arabia is a good country, I just don’t like the way of living there.

Thanks to Mars for the effort and his company for giving me an opportunity to work abroad.

1 comment:

Oliver said...

of course I know the reason pare! hehehe